Friday, September 6, 2013

Major setback

Or is it an opportunity? While running the 78 Trans Am on fumes once again today, I made a horrible discovery of water in the oil.

Yeah.  That's what I said too!  At least that much.

But why do I say that it very well may be an opportunity?

Because that LT1 that came out of the 95 Trans Am maybe getting swapped in place of it.

The 95 TA motor is the end game for what I'm working on anyway, I might as well dive right in.  I'll get it out of the shop and into my garage do I can do the motor swap, then move forward from there.

That gives me plenty of down time on the 400 motor, to figure out what's going on there. If it's a blown head gasket, I hope, or if it's a crack somewhere, I hope not.

I didn't realize the motor was almost bone dry on coolant. So it's another case of there ya have it.

Wish me luck on the swap. I've already found out how easy it is to get a TH350 mounted to the LT1, so that'll be cool.

Take care y'all, it's a jungle out there.

Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment