Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Aug 23 - Finally! An update!

Man it has been a long time now.  Life happens.  Things need done more than spending time on the build.  Anyhow.  Here is what has transpired over the last couple of weeks.

I've got the motor/tranny on the cradle up onto the front mount locations and started working on rotating the bottom up into place so I could see how much metal had to make way for my motor to get in there.  It was a lot.  A lot of metal needed removed to just have a good look at it.

Once I did that, I found out that this isn't going to work where it sits on the the cradle.  Now way around it.  Unless I want to seriously cut away my shock tower within an inch of its life.  So now that I've done all that you'll see in the pics below, I now have to go back to square one and pull the engine/tranny from the cradle and start over on it's location on the cradle.  Before I actually measure everything, by a quick look, it looks like a full inch forward of where it is (maybe an inch and a half).  And as far left as I can afford without hacking up the other side of the car any more than I have already.  Meaning that I don't want the left side to look like the right side does now.  You'll see what I mean.  :-)

The throttle body and water pump isn't going in there as is.

The tranny output looks good where it is, but it must go forward due to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment