Sunday, May 3, 2015

May 3 - Starter complete

With the option of shimming the starter for deeper engagement, the starter is now installed 100%.  I had to cut a big chunk of the adapter plate out of the way to clear the starter for engagement.  I didn't realize in the previous update that I was actually putting the starter in a bind when I had bolted it up.  So now the piece is cut, the starter sits in there with its tight tolerances but clears everything and now engages nicely too.

Here are a couple of pics (they are hard to get good ones in there, lighting is always not good), and I tried out the flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment