Saturday, February 7, 2015

Feb 06 - just like Christmas around here

I got my radiators in on the 6th of Feb.  They are very nice ones.  They were asked about in this forum thread.  I can deal with the radiator caps and plumbing.  For the price, I don't think you can beat them for this application.  Hearing also in those threads about letting enough air into the front of the things will go a long way in making sure that it stays cool back there.



Got more wire wheel work done on the chassis.  Will be able to finish that off 100% on Monday and get some painting done.  Will pick up a new can of POR 15 on Tuesday and finish off the chassis paint 100% before the end of the week.  You can see in some of these images the difference in the surface rust before and after the wheel.



I'll be needing to source some dust boots for these joints.  I'm thinking that they may be of some common size with something else.  If anyone has a lead, let me know.  -Thanks

I've also got the bushings knocked out of the engine cradle so I can press the new ones in.  It needs a little more clean up work before I'll be putting the new ones in, and what you can see there is the left over rubber/rust from the previous ones.  They were 30 years old, I guess it was about time for them to go.  This original car was a 1985 Fiero GT.



No comments:

Post a Comment