Monday, February 2, 2015

Returning to the blog...

I'll have at least weekly, in some cases daily blog entries once again now!  I've got a guy helping out real regular, we'll call him Nate.  He'll be providing updates as they come now. 

This is for the build log of the flagship car of 100 MPG Motors.  It is an early 90's Lambo Diablo kit car.  A D&R Replicar to be exact.  With a mid 90's interior package.  I will also have him doing a copy/paste of the entries from here, to the other build log (kitcentral.com) for progress as it goes.

Once the car is in a drivable chassis state, we will then work on the ability to have the car run on normal fuel injection or switch to fumes only mode.  Then we'll test the automation of cold starts on normal FI and it moving to fumes on its own.  This will test the controls where we leave it on Fumes mode but it uses the sensors to know to start under cold conditions on FI and watch for water temp to rise to switch and how smoothly it can handle that.  It will be computer controlled so this would be a good time to get that ironed out.

Of course in parallel I'll have other guys helping out on the body/door builds/etc.  So we can try to get this car done this calendar year if at all possible.  My goal is a drivable chassis in 3 months.  We'll see.  From there it will depend on scheduling the car into other places for other pieces to be finished off.  Interior.  Body.  Doors.  Paint.

We recently (and will show this in pics tomorrow) got some rust took care of in the tail end on the DS of the car.  Right where the engine cradle bolts up to the tail end of the car, it was so rusted out, the weld nut you should bolt to had fallen thru.  We put fresh metal in it this past weekend so now we're getting the rust knocked out and making the cradle ready to take the engine/transmission work.

I've also got the wheels out getting powder coated for the centers.  I have real Lambo Murci wheels that I want to give the SV look to.  Black centers with silver surrounds.  They should be back by this coming Friday.

So I'm getting ahead of myself with what all is coming this week, but giving folks who used to watch this blog from time to time something to look forward to. 

Appreciate all the well wishes for getting it done.  I'm so glad to be working on making it happen right now.  I can't tell you.  It's been a long time coming.  I've been collecting car parts for about 13 years.  So It's about time to begin the assembly... don't ya think?  :-) 

Lost both of my parents this past year and it was a really bad year personally on a lot of fronts.  What did do well was my business, and I'm thankful for that.  I'm looking forward to not wasting any more time on this thing as these things can go.  For folks with forever projects, you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks,
Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment