Monday, May 23, 2016

May 22 - Motor in gear oops

I post the good and the bad when it comes to my videos I've taken as I'm on this journey to build this car.  I forgot the car was left in gear (as it had been when it was sitting on the ground).  And I started the motor on fumes and got a surprise.  you can see the drivers side wheel hopping.  This is because the suspension interferes with the axle on this side when the car is up in the air.  It's fine when it is on the ground and compressed from running over bumps.  But when it leaves the ground... not so good.  Real problem is that this side is a very short axle and it has a lot more throw per suspension travel because of that.

Anyway, here's the video.  Enjoy.  Or cringe as I did when I seen it the first time.  I do knock it into neutral and have to shake up my bubbler to keep the gasoline fumes coming so it'll idle for a bit.  It was about to die just before it hit me to shake the gasoline around in the oil drain pan.




No comments:

Post a Comment