Monday, April 4, 2016

Apr 4 - Getting hosed... at least ran some

I've got some of my radiator hose routing in the car now.  I looked around and couldn't find any 1.25" Tees for use on the radiator hose and cooling system.  So I did see where a guy had made up his own with regular plumbing parts.  Looked to be black iron fittings.  So I went to Lowe's and got a few myself.  Got that together and into the car.  My reducer and 180 degree 1.25" pipe came in today so I thought I'd get that a little further along.

Now I need to mount the air ducts into the body and fit that to the frame again.  Have a look and see if it looks good enough to stay in there.

Here's some pics from the hose work done today.


Yes, everything is terribly close.  Possibly interfering in places.  But I have to start somewhere and move from there.  Tire made rub, but only under compression, yada, yada, yada.  :-)


My make-shift work table for assembling the Tees.

What they look like now that they're "in".

I'll be adding my cross brace back in between the shock towers and then using that as a mounting point to hang the Tees from.

Thanks for your time,
Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment