Friday, February 24, 2017

Feb 24 - proper breathing

So today I spent most of it trying to fab up a first run of what I want to do for my naturally aspirated hot fumes car.  I  needed to make an adapter to go from a 3" intake to a 2 1/4" pipe but offset it in such a way as to make room for the heating element to exit the 3" elbow it sits inside of.

I've got some pics here that show the process as I was trying to keep up with the various steps as I went along.  People can comment on here if they would like more details about this piece.  If this isn't all going together for you, I'm sure it will once you see what comes next.

Adapter is mounted on the bottom of the 3" elbow.

I will cut holes and slit the vertical on the adapter to allow the heating element and K-Type thermocouple to exit this piece.

Looking down from the top.
Looking Back from the Front.

Looking from right in front of the rear tire.






No comments:

Post a Comment