Saturday, March 5, 2016

Mar 05 - Too many diff directions

You know when you start to do one thing but about 4 diversions later you realize you're nowhere near where you were when you set out to get a particular thing done?  Yeah, that was my day, today.
So I set off to make a fuel injector tester and to test a FI that I have from my original set that came stock on my 95TA LT-1.  So I made a 555 circuit as a guy on YouTube had suggested.  Got that altogether pretty quick.  Found a power cord.  Dug up a battery and put it on the Battery Tender Jr.  Was moving along pretty good.  Then it came down to getting the injector to fit onto something that I could use with a garden hose.  After a lil fab work, I had a friction fit with an injector and a 5/8" garden hose mender.  It has a hose barb on both sides and once I got one end to be beveled slightly, I then cleaned up the top of the injector (without the o-ring on top) and was getting it together.


Then it hit me, maybe the battery isn't done on the charger?  On the way to the charger, I spotted something that I thought I could get done right quick.  Then this lead to another thing... I needed to see how the exhaust stuff was going to line up and measure how much pipe I would need to come up with for my monza tips to show up at the right spot on the back of the car.  So I had to get help putting the rear bumper on.

Then I had to have my son shoot a couple of pics for me, so I could see the appearance of the tips in about the right spot.  So I had him shoot pictures of me holding them up one at a time with different depths under the car so I could see where they would be under the car to make sure that would work out for me.




I think the second one works out best.  I think that is more of a stock location too.  It'll be very tight getting the driver side one into that position for the pipe that leads up to that tip.  But I think I can heat and bend some pipe into that spot.

Then of course, while I was checking out stuff on the tail, I had to look at some of the other pieces I had been wondering about for ages.  I went and grabbed the center tail and light bezels to check them out.  Then I seen how the tail lights themselves should mount so I grabbed one set of them.  Next thing you know, I'm drilling holes and mounting tail lights.  I didn't drill the holes for the screws that will hold them on, but I did hold it up to have a look.



So who knows what the future holds?  Maybe tomorrow I'll go ahead and fire that fuel injector.  I did make everything to be able to fire it already.  :-D

Thanks for your time.
Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment