Sunday, March 13, 2016

Mar 12 - Plug it in

I got some wires on the steering wheel connected to the factory Fiero wiring harness.  Using the same pinouts over the years helped a lot.  I was able to plug in the harness that has the blinkers, hazards, switched power, high beam/dimmer switch and maybe the cruise control.  I still have to find out if the cruise was indeed a part of that connection or not.  Difficult finding some of these connectors in the manuals and looking up the pinouts.

But today (Mar 13) will continue that work with figuring out what I have and don't have so when something doesn't work I just assume it is already connected.  I haven't found the C217 harness connector where I can get my stereo controls from my wheel.  That one is elusive.  It was only on the Pontiac and I have that but not finding the actual connector yet.  I think it is a part of another connector is why I'm having such a hard time with it. 

It claims to have a yellow wire in it, so you'd think it would be easy to find.  I think I'm just going to take my multimeter to it and find it that way.  Can't go wrong there.  If it says it should be X ohms when connected, that's pretty straight forward.  Keep hitting the button and doing the color combos it says on the existing connector that hasn't found a home yet, and I'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment